I hope everyone had a nice weekend and a wonderful Labor Day holiday!
It has been busy times at Ghent Antiques. Dan was away in Washington, DC and found some beautiful new things for the store. Washington, DC has been a bustling place with the Senate’s August recess the shortest in decades and the funeral of Senator John McCain this past weekend. Here are some of the best new things from Dan’s trip!
- Balloon & Tent-eight arm crystal chandelier (circa 1930). This would be gorgeous over a formal dining room table or in a hallway entry. $1200
- Gold gilded French-four arm chandeliers (circa 1930). $995 for the pair.These fixtures are just beautiful. I imagine them over a kitchen island, or in a bathroom or hanging in a fabulous dressing room.
- Washington DC Federal style, heavy weighted brass hurricanes (use 7” candles). $225 for the pair. These would work well on a mantel, dining room table or positioned in a bookcase. They are traditional and very versatile. A great decorator’s choice as you can use them anywhere as an accent piece!
- Decorative porcelain rose topiaries (circa 1940). So sweet at 12” tall! $225 for the pair. Nice for a fireplace mantel, bookshelves or sitting atop a few books on side table. Love the colors on the porcelain roses!
- Last but not least…Art Nouveau glass women with wine figurines (circa 1935). $225 for the pair. A modern, classy look for a mantel or shelves.
Hope you will stop by the store to see our new selection.
Ghent Antiques/Spertner Jewelers
Fine Antiques.Estate Sales
1414 Colley Avenue
Hours: M-S 10: -5:30 S 1:30-4:30